chapter-1

"You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children."

Reanna's pov

LOST!
LOST!
LOST!

That's what I was feeling now. That lady lying there lifeless on the floor is my mother. I know she wasn't the best mother but she still was my mother. After tying me to the chair, the father whom I wanted to be my hero, my savior who would beat away the monsters that would come in my dreams had become the monster himself. He was beating my mother to death with his friend John. I never in my whole life had a liking for this man. Because he always had a weird aura around him. Anyway, I couldn't do anything to save my mother. Rather I was simply tied down on the chair and was shouting for Father to stop doing this.

 As if he would.

He said that I was pathetic, worthless, weak, and a burden on them. And soon he would lessen the burden by killing me. He wanted me to suffer, he wanted to hurt me not only physically but also mentally. he wanted me to be the reason for my mother's death. And to be honest I was. And guess what he had succeeded in his plan. He had stabbed her many times causing her more pain. I was feeling numb from all the shouting and pleadings.

The last thing she said was

"I-I love you so much, R-Reanna. You are the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me. Don't lose hope. They will come for you. I am sure the boys will come and get you. T-tell them that I love all of you. I hope you all forgive me for leaving and, above all, for taking their most important treasure with me. Tell them that I did try to protect their t-treasure as much as I could, but I-I f-failed, and I failed b-badly; I messed things up.i know y-you will h-hate m-me after knowing the t0truth but i promise this was never me. I w-was forced to do it. Don't c-cry over me  brave girl, move on, face the world, and fight against people. I dont think i am going to a better place after what all i did, but I'll be watching over you. I love you, my little princess. Promise me that you won't h-hate them. All those things that I did and knew were wrong were just for you. I couldn't stand there knowing that those monsters could take you any day. But I guess I was a fool to not know that I was serving meat to the hyenas on a golden platter. I won't be able to tell you everything right now, but just remember one thing: Aunt Lena loves you, and when you meet Twinny, say to her that Carol loves you. " I couldn't understand what she meant by they will come and my boys but still, I promised her.

With that last smile and flying kiss, she gave me, her breathing started getting shorter and soon her eyes rolled upwards.

My mother was gone...

THAT'S IT...

MY MOTHER WAS NO MORE!!!

SHE LEFT ME...

"MOTHER"

"MOTHER"

"Mama"

I shouted to the fullest but it seemed like my voice reached deaf ears.

I couldn't understand what I should do...

He would give me occasional HITS

But today he was in a full "beat me to death" mood.

I couldn't feel anything. I was feeling numb. The last thing I saw was my FATHER pouring kerosene oil all over the house and lighting a fire. Well, he was doing one right thing, killing me. I was happy that this life was finally coming to an end. I mean it's not like I had any other relatives other than these two so I guess he was doing me a favor.

but well rotting in the fire did not seem like a very creative idea!

A lot of blood had bled from the cuts he had given me. I was feeling so weak that I started feeling dizzy with all the smoke my body had consumed that the fire was forming. And soon the darkness consumed me.