Chapter 27

"Issac?" I reach out but he isn't there. "Issac?" I call again sitting up.

That's strange? I always wake up before Issac and even if I dont, he wakes me up.

He left you.

"No he didn't." I roll my eyes and get out of bed.

"Scott? Mom? Dad?" I call but no one answers. I check my alarm clock, 9am. Huh? Where is everyone?

They all left you.

"No they didn't!" I yell and start pacing.

They did. None of them love you.

"Stop!" I yell covering my ears.

I'm in your head Sofia. I'm nevet gonna stop.

I groan and press my ears tighter. "It's just a nightmare." I repeat in a sort of mantra.

They never loved you Sofia.

They don't care about you.

Don't you get it? Im the only one that cares.

They'll never love you the way I do.

"Please stop." I cry. "You said I was getting my happy ending." I continue.

You are.

"Then why does it hurt?" I sob and sob.

If this is a dream, I need to wake up.

I head into the kitchen with the devil's words replaying in my head.

They don't love you.

They don't care.

I pull open a draw as I cry.

"Come on. Wake up Sofia." I repeat as I pull out a knife.

So close.

I'll wake up. Just stab yourself and you'll wake up. Come on sofia, don't be a idiot. You'll wake up.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath before stabbing myself in the core with the knife.

I don't wake up and this hurts a lot more than it should in a dream.

Because you were never dreaming Sofia.

Shit. I pull the knife out of me and reach for my phone.

I need Issac. I need to call Issac.

I dial his numbet and it rings for ages, but he doesn't answer. Shit.

I call him repeatedly but he doesn't answer so I leave a voicemail.

"Hey, it's me. Obviously. Because you would see all the missed calls and realise it's me. Anyway. Ugh. I need your help." I say groaning.

"I made a big mistake." I say and it cuts off. I groan and sit down on the floor.

I'm gonna be fine. I hold my core and ring Issac again.

"Look, I need your help right now." I say and let out a shaky breath. "I thought I was asleep... it was the only way to wake up. I'm sorry. I need you to help me. Please come home." I say and it cuts off.

I don't want to know Issac's reaction to this. But I need him.

I lie down on my side and hold my core and groan out in pain. It's the worst pain.

I need help. Issac isn't answering and he isn't gonna help me.

I can't call an ambulance. It will cost way too much and not just that I will look crazy.

I dial Scott's number and he also doesn't answer, you've gotta be kidding me.

"Scott. Please come home. I need help. I need you." I groan and then end the voicemail.

When things get worse, I call Issac again.

"I'm sorry." I cry. "I love you. And I never wanted this to happen. It was an accident." I say crying and end the voicemail.

"You did this to me!" I scream. "You ruined my life!" I sob.

I don't need you Sofia. You don't listen to me. This is all your fault.

For fuck sake.

My eyes flutter shut and everything gets hazy.

You know they say, your life flashes before your eyes when you die?

That didn't happen to me.

As I bled out on my kitchen floor holding onto my core, all I thought about was Issac.

****

"Sof." Issac whispers. I open my eyes slowly to meet his eyes. He drags his hands slowly up my thighs and then up sides making my breathing pick up.

He tilts his head down slightly to connect our lips.

Issac takes his hands down to my hips. I tilt my head to the side to deepen the kiss.

****

"I love you. And I'll always love you. I'll tell you everyday, until I die if that's what it takes."

****
"You're his anchor... You're the thing that brings him the most happiness, sadness, anger. You keep him human."

****
"Wow you look beautiful." He says and I blush. "Really?" I ask and he nods. "Don't doubt yourself Sofia. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

****
"Go Issac!" I fan girl as he walks towards me. "You played amazingly. It was flawless." I say and he rolls his eyes. "Thank you." He kisses my cheek.

****
"I like your bike. It's so cool!" I squeal as he chains it up. "Thank you." He smiles at me.

"Sofia." I say putting my hand out for him to shake. "Issac." He says and shakes my hand back.

"Do you wanna be friends?" I ask him and he shrugs. "I don't have many friends." He says and my eyes light up. "Me neither! We can be best friends." I say and throw my arms around him.

****

"Sofia!" Someome screams but nothing I did stopped the haze. "Shit! Sofia. Stay with me." Issac says and I try to snap my eyes open. "I love you." He says holding my hand.

The pain stops but everything slowly became numb.

"Scott tell them to hurry up!" Issac yells and he strokes my hair.

"Sofia, you stay with me okay. Stay with me, my love."

I'm so sorry.

I was really close to that happy ending, where I was immensely happy with the boy I've always loved and my family slowly growing back together.