Distancing myself

Jimin had gone to bed thoughts of the kiss in his head, how could he have reacted that way with all the others watching!
He didn't think that after the sleep he'd had that day that he would be able to sleep that night but amazingly after rationalising in his head that the kiss was just a dare between two drunk friends he put it out of his mind and slept peacefully the whole night waking refreshed in the morning and eager to get to work phoning Jin and telling Jin to come in the afternoon as he could open up with the spare keys he had and that he wanted the other to rest up as he had done so much work the day before when Jimin was off, Jin had agreed begrudgingly saying he did not mind working as it was his place but Jimin was adamant and so it ended,Jimin arriving early to set up the coffee machines,make wrapped sandwiches and open ready for the customers.

Jungkook was tired, the memory of the kiss troubling his mind and making it difficult to sleep,why had he wanted more?Why had those plump lips aroused him so much?
He mulled it over in his head whilst dressing,eventually coming to the conclusion that it was because he hadn't 'been' with anyone in a while and maybe he needed to do something about that, he had many female friends and male who didn't mind the odd hookup now and then so putting his thoughts into action he rang one,Rose who agreed to meet him at the coffee shop at eleven.

Jimin had been rushed if his feet but didn't mind, just before eleven he saw Jungkook walk in and sit at a table, he wandered over," did you want a coffee?"
"Not just now Jimin I'm waiting for a friend," he glanced away from the small boy, who stared at him then left.
A few minutes later he saw a pretty women come in and go straight to jungkook and hug and kiss his cheek.For some reason this upset Jimin a little but he turned away and stacked some cups up.
Jungkook came over and placed an order , Jimin told him he would bring it over.
Taking a tray over Jungkook thanked him while the girl just gave a dismissive look.
Jimin went behind the counter trying not to watch the couple at the table.
His reverie was broken when two men came in laughing loudly and jostling each other.
"Can I help you," Jimin politely asked.
The two men looked at each other then both leaned on the counter.
"Oh you could help us all right,cutie,we would love a sandwich," one said.
"What type."
"You in between us two!" The other said,running his hand down Jimins cheek.
Jimin went red,"I'm sorry but unless your ordering I must ask you to leave, you are disturbing the customers."
One of the men grabbed his wrist tightly," Don't be rude sweetie,what happened to customer satisfaction,you look like you would satisfy us."
Jimin struggled to get out of his grip when a cold authorative voice came from behind.
"He told you to leave,I suggest you do as he says," Jungkook said.
"Or what?"
Jungkook stepped forward as someone who had come in took notice of the situation ," Or I will call the police and tell them you are assaulting and harassing a member of my staff,"a furious Jin said.
The two men backed off, dropping Jimins wrist and turning to go but one turned back," see you again sweetie," he winked at Jimin, who was holding his wrist up, before they both slammed out of the cafe.
" I'm sorry," Jimin said to the surrounding customers bowing to them.
Jungkook and Jin stepped forward towards Jimin, "let me see your wrist," Jungkook demanded.
"It's ok,ouch," as Jungkook took hold examining the rapidly appearing bruises from the mans grip.
"Jimin let me put some ointment on that then go home," Jin said.
"No! I'm ok, I'll put the ointment on but stay, thank you both."
Both men sighed ,then,"Kookie what are you doing with the staff, come on you said we could go back to your place." The Girl with Jungkook came up and grabbed his arm.
Jungkook for some reason felt guilty when he saw Jimin look from him to the girl then he disappeared in the back of the cafe.
"Thanks Jungkook, you carry on with your date, I'll look after Jimin."
Jungkook nodded, turning the girl around and escorting her to his car.
They drove off ,Jungkooks thoughts on Jimin.
"Really Kookie why bother with someone like that?" Rose asked.
"Someone like that?"
"He's just a shop worker was probably egging those men on."
"If you had been in that situation would you want others to ignore you?"
"Well ...I'm different from him, I'm worth it."
Jungkook pulled the car over to the side of the road ,turning he looked at the girl," you know before I moved here I never realised the sort of people I mixed with were snobs,"
"Kookie,what do you mean,just because we are better than some people?"
"What do you think makes us better?"
"Money for one."
"And what we're you before fame and fortune found you?"
"We'll,Er, does that matter now let's go have some fun,Kookie,isn't that why you called me?"
"I'm ashamed to say it was, not now though, get out, the taxi rank is over there..."
"But Kookie!"
"Out!"
The disgruntled girl slammed her way out of the car, Jungkook drove off,annoyed with himself, he had thought he should distance himself from Jimin,why?was he like Rose ,had he thought Jimin wasn't good enough for him?he remembered how angry he was when he had seen that mans hands on Jimin,Jimin had looked small and scared next to him.
Jungkook drove home and went into his studio, he needed to release his anger and frustration in some way,so setting a canvas up he started sketching an idea that had been in his head,soon becoming immersed in the work and gradually calming down as the picture was roughly sketched before painting.

Jimins wrist was sore, but he didn't let on how much, he kept a smile in place and did his job wincing when no one was looking but really glad when his day ended. He said his goodbyes to Jin and caught the bus home, he wondered if Jungkook was home with his girlfriend ,for some reason he hadn't expected that,why he didn't know, but he knew deep down there was a little bit of pain when he thought of them together. Never mind Jimin he thought, one day your prince will come and he will love you as you want to be loved.