If she needed him, he would remain...

Light shined in her face and she whimpered, not wanting to wake up. Hearing her whimper, Luca rushed out of the bathroom and instantly moved to block the sun from her face, his body protecting her face with a shadow. Her face relaxed from the scrunched up position it had made, and it melted his heart. He would do anything to see her relaxed face, a small smile toying on her lips. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, careful to not make noise or any motions that would remove his shadow from her and texted Liam, who was standing outside. He had to go to a meeting, despite his strong desire to stay at her side.

I want four slaves in here. NOW. Tell them not to make a sound. One of them should be as tall as me.

His phone buzzed almost instantly, Yes, My King.

Putting his phone back into his pocket, he continued to gaze longing at her face, waiting for the day that he could kiss that soft skin. Those plump beautiful lips, the long lashes that hid her beautiful black eyes, her long black hair in wild curls on the bed behind her.

The door slowly opened and the summoned four moved in, not daring to make a sound. Motioning them closer with his hands, they continued to slowly sneak closer to him, terrified of both making a sound and his order to come close.

When they reached close enough, Luca reached for the guard that was sent in as he was as tall and big as he was. Grabbing him by the shirt, he shoved him in front of him so that he was standing, casting a blocking shadow on the Queen. Hissing into his ear so she wouldn't wake, "She will sleep as long as she wishes- you are not to disturb her. You are to stand here. You are permitted to look at the Queen only to ensure that your shadow adequately protects her face. You will not touch her, you will not move a muscle unless she or the sun moves. If she awakens from you failing to do your job, I will kill you." The guard gulped and nodded.

Leaving the guard to stand in his place, Luca walked over to the other three slaves, that stood, shaking. One by one, he grabbed them and hissed his commands in their ear, while continuously looking back at the guard and his love to ensure that she was sleeping comfortably.

"She will sleep as long as she wishes- you are not to disturb her. You will arrange a breakfast for her. The chef knows what she wants and it best be prepared before she awakens. She is need of sustenance. Also, arrange for a bath and assist her in bathing."

"She will sleep as long as she wishes- you are not to disturb her. You will remain here, kneeling at her bedside. Whatever she wishes, you will arrange for. You will assist her in bathing as well."

"She will sleep as long as she wishes- you are not to disturb her. You will bring me updates of her, every 5 minutes and report them to Liam. Even if she remains asleep, I wish to know."

He stepped back and stared at them, his look enough for them to know. Failure to abide by his commands would result in death. They all nodded, keeping their eyes cast down.

Looking longingly back at his Queen once more, Luca strode out of the room and down the hall into the office. As much as he wanted to bring Alia with him, the world could not know of her, not yet. He had too many enemies, and people that wanted him dead, and he trusted no one.

Other than Liam his personal slave and most trusted guard, Viraj, his second, and now, Alia.

Forty minutes after he left, Alia began to stir, even though the guard was doing his job perfectly and standing as a block to the sun. He could feel a sunburn developing on the back of his neck, but he didn't dare move. His Queen was sleeping and his movement would cause her discomfort. The King would kill him and even if he didn't, he knew that his weakness would be shameful. His pain was dirt compared to the Queen's discomfort.