[04 lazy daze]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[04] fourth chapter
episode six, season 5
-narrative+instagram
word count 1670
> in which Summer and
Ovie get to know each
other better over 
drinks and avocado
toast

SO THAT WAS THE hard part done, recoupling had finished and Callum was gone, leaving the villa with somewhat of a weird vibe.

Summer and Ovie were sat at the daybeds chatting with each other.

"So, I picked you," the girl grinned, playing with the ends of her hair as she lay facing Ovie.

"Yeah, I noticed that," he laughed, causing her to laugh along with him at the obviousness.

Shifting the conversation topic, Summer hummed before speaking again, "I have a question."

"Hit me," he responded with a smile, "I'm an open book."

"When we were in the hot tub, right..." she trailed off, waiting for his response.

"Yeah."

"What was the first thing you noticed about me, like, when you first saw me?" Summer asked, smiling at the way he was looking at her.

Ovie chuckled lightly, "Oh, wow, ok."

"Like, not to be too forward, or anything," she began, trying not to make herself sound too pushy.

"No, no," he reassured her, "Um, I think the first thing I noticed about you was your smile, like, and how beautiful you looked."

"Oh, shut up," Summer snickered, as Ovie turned serious.

"No, literally, you have such a nice smile, though," he deadpanned, making them both break into laughter.

"I think Ovie is super sweet," Summer told the camera, leaning back on the white and blue cushions, "And I might be a wee bit excited to get to know him more, but don't tell him that," she laughed.

That evening, in the changing rooms, Summer was busy brushing out her hair for the night as Anna turned to Lucie, "Welcome back, Lucie."

"Thank you," she nodded, happy to be back in her own bed for tonight.

Molly perked up from beside Summer, "Do you think you and Joe are gonna get... freaky?" she asked inquisitively, which made Summer burst into laughter.

"Alright, calm down, Molly," she patted her friend on the back as they both chuckled at each other.

"No," Lucie immediately responded, as the girls laughed at her bluntness.

As Summer passed the bathroom, she saw Anton talking to himself in the mirror, somehow hyping himself up?

"Anton, mate, what are you doing?" she laughed as she walked into the bathroom, taking Anton by surprise and causing him to jump slightly.

"I- I was doing nothing. No, yeah, wait-"

He was cut off by even more laughter as Summer doubled over at the hilarity of the fact that he got caught hyping himself up and now he couldn't even get his cover story straight.

"Oh, shut up!" he groaned, a hint of a smile on his face, for even he couldn't take himself seriously.

She held her hands in the air in mock surrender, "Okay, I'm just gonna let you do what you need to do, 'night!" Summer yelled as she turned the corner.

"Yeah, night!" he called back, before turning to look at himself in the mirror again.

Summer made her way into the bedroom to climb into her new bed, which was luckily next to Tommy and Molly Mae's, as she smiled at an already sleepy Ovie.