Chapter 10

"Have you caught anything yet?"

"No. What about you?"

"Nothing at all... This place blows."

Archer looks over at Cu who had his fishing rod at hand. The Irish man only looks on annoyed.

"Welp. What do you do for a living?" Cu asked.

"Nothing much. It's just a repetition of working for the world."

"Hmph..."

"What about you Lancer? I know it's not much, but surely you must at least be able to remember a bit each time you're summoned from the throne."

"Nope. Doesn't ring a bell at all. After all, mere copies like us get sent back and won't remember a single thing. But since you're an irregular spirit then you're able to remember anything of the past summons correct?"

"Yes, I suppose that's how you can say it. Since us Counter Guardians differ from the Heroic Spirits, the copies that get sent within missions and even Holy Grail Wars shall remember those certain events."

"So have you been in some wars then? Master said that you were a mage in your life. Alongside that, you had a very understanding of how the Holy Grail War works."

"Why yes, I guess you can say that. I was a victor of the Grail in my life... Nothing much can be remembered besides a few important things of the war and/or my life as a whole."

"Memory loss... It sounds pretty common with the way you say that."

"Perhaps it is common. Perhaps it is not. I'd say it is."

"Well... No use beating around the bush here..." Cu said, getting up from his spot. "I'll be heading back now." Cu said as he then left.

Archer remained silent and closed his eyes. Seriously... He can't stand that Heroic Spirit... Is it a grudge? Perhaps it is.

-~-

"Your cooking has improved drastically. You sure have gotten better Emiya-Kun."

"Hmph. Of course, I have. There's lots of space in improvement after all." Archer said smugly. Looking at Ishtar as he put down a plate. "As a chef, there are many things to work on, and many recipes to muster and learn." Archer said.

"... You take the role of a Servant to another level."

"Hmm? It's not that, it's just something I truly enjoy."

"What? Being a cook? Really?" Ishtar can only laughably look at the Servant. Almost as if she was taunting him.

"You may taunt me all you want Rin. But it's something worth thriving for." Archer said, he looks at Ishtar with a smirk. "Of course, even you had me work as a literal Servant once. You had me clean up your house after I struck a nerve."

"W-what are you saying?" Ishtar asked Archer.

"That you agreed that I was pretty useful." Archer says.

"But I never had you clean up anything at my home..." Ishtar mumbled.

"Not you, but another version of you." Archer said.

"Eh?! What are you saying?" Ishtar asked Archer.

"... What's so hard to comprehend about knowing another version of you out there summoned me?"

"But HOW did me— no I summoned you? There's nothing that I could have used as a catalyst to have summoned you... Wait... Does that mean you participated in the Fifth War?"

"Indeed." Archer said with a nod. "It was because of you, I was summoned. Because someone had the time of the ritual incorrect, even though they thought it was the correct time." Archer said with a smirk.