||37||

Javier pulled her away towards the lower floor wher she had seen Riley. He was barking silent orders in the earpiece. There was a simple strategy. Garrett and Sophia could expect them both to come but not the other three guys. They were an element of surprise that could help them win this war.

"Javier it's dangerous walking in there amidst them." Vince argued.

"And my sister isn't going there." Elliot backed Vince.

"Lee please." Elise begged him.

"Look thats the best shot we have got. Give your emotions a break and think rationally. There is a child in consideration here. The more we wait, the more dangerous it gets." Caden calmly said. That man was always calm. Elise wondered what had he seen in his life that he didn't seem fazed by anything.

"Let's go." Javier said and they moved towards the room. Caden, Elliot and Vince were tasked with getting rid of all the watch dogs quietly while they stalk Sophia and Garrett.

Elise and Javier removed the airpods once they were outside the room and gave each other a last glance before walking in.

It was the same room they had walked in. But right now, Garrett Brooks was sitting in the middle with a sobbing Riley in the middle of the couch and Sophia on Ry's other side.

"Riley." Elise said gently once she looked at Riley's sobbing face. She could feel Javier's shaking hands as they tightened their grip on hers to prevent him from breaking down.

His head shot up with the speed of lightening. He tried to jump off from between them.

"Momma Daddy!" He cried in relief on seeing his parents. However he was held back by Sophia, who shot a death glare at Elise.

 "Let me go. Let me go. Let me go." He started thrashing in her grip trying to get to them.

"SHUT UP!" Garrett yelled. Riley froze in his state. He was scared of this man. No one was so harsh to him as that man. Even the bad woman who tried to be his momma never yelled at him even when he punched her several times. But that man had slapped him once for threatening that his Daddy would beat him for hurting him. For a kid who had never been scolded, that slap was enough to instill fear.

His fear didn't go unnoticed by his parents who both were furious thinking about all the possible things that they could have done.

"Garrett , he is a kid." Sophia said.

"Do I look like I care?" Garrett yelled at her. "And Do I need to remind you your place?" His voice held an unspoken threat that made her shake her head.

"I gave you the kid to play Mommy. So be grateful and keep your trap shut."

She nodded her head pulling Riley to his seat but being unsuccessful.

"Pathetic." Garrett spat at her and turned towards the two with a fake smile.

"Javier, Ms. Rivers." He greeted them like long lost friends. "I was waiting for you. Though it took you long enough. I was slightly disappointed."

"Brooks. Your rivalry is with me. Leave my son out of it." Javier said coldly.

"What's the fun in that, huh." Garrett started laughing like this was the funniest thing in the world. 

"My girlfriend here wants to bond with her son. Would I be a gentleman if I didn't Honor her wishes?" 

"He is not her son." 

"Then whose son is he." He asked with his interest piqued.

"Mine." Elise said before Javier could but she knew he would have said the same thing.