Fricking Mexico - Chapter Forty-Seven

L I A M

I shook my head, sighing as I looked down at my dirty cleats. The locker room was near empty, and that's why it shocked me when Brett walked up behind me.

"You okay?" he asked, leaning against a set of lockers.

I sighed, "We lost."

Brett raised his eyebrows, "But you're okay, right?"

I shook my head, looking up at him. "Why'd you do that? Why'd you help me?"

Brett shrugged, "Because of Scott. He saved me. He saved all of us." Brett smiled, "Do you know how lucky you are?"

I creased my brow, "What do you mean?"

"Scott's a True Alpha," Brett bobbled his head. "That means he didn't get his power because he was born with it. He didn't get it by stealing or killing someone. He earned it." I thought about it. "You're not strong because you can lift a lot of weight now. You're strong because you endure. Satomi calls it strength of character. You're lucky to have him."

Brett walked away without saying anything else, and I groaned, punching the air. "Then why isn't he here?"

Footsteps trailed into the locker room, and I stood up quickly... I knew those light steps. Annie turned the corner, panting, with her phone in hand.

"Liam," she inhaled, "we need to go... now."

* * *

Annie's fingers were laced with mine as we sprinted up the stairs to Derek's loft. We ran inside, the door already open, and Annie's mouth dropped wide.

Almost everything was destroyed. There was shattered glass and lightbulbs hanging from the ceiling... and the smell of blood filled the room.

"What the hell happened?" Annie exhaled.

Derek sighed, picking up a half-shattered lightbulb. "It was supposed to be a date."

"They were both here?" Stiles asked, looking around the room.

I shook my head, "And they're both gone."

Annie's phone started ringing, as she pulled it out of her pocket, putting it on speaker. "Lydia?"

"Scott's been taken," Lydia said frantically.

Stiles ran over to Annie, "Scott and Kira, we just don't know where."

"Mexico," Deaton said over the phone.

Lydia sighed, "And if you want to save his life, that's where you're going too."