Chapter 5

"Ishani! Ishani!" 

Ishani groaned, snuggling into her soft blanket. The bed was so soft and huge, she wanted to sleep forever.

"Get up! You have only half an hour to get ready!" Karna sighed, seeing her sleeping. Why did he ever accept to wake her up? Vasudev was such a cunning trickster.

Although he had to admit that she was so cute and completely different from her real self when she slept.

She jolted, looking around. She was taken aback; seeing Karna. 

"Good Morning, hurry up." She nodded, gesturing that she doesn't speak without brushing. He nodded, walking out. He waited patiently, he was already ready and was used to getting up earlier than this.

She fumbled around, seeing her face. Her hair was a mess, her drowsy eyes made her look like a witch; how did he even feel like waking up?

She relaxed in the bath tub, gently applying haldi and aloe Vera paste. Her face looked fresher than normal. She frowned, seeing a long odhani with a blouse and dhoti. 

She couldn't wear this odhani for practice. Though only blouse and dhoti was little weird for a conservative society. She shrugged, opening the door. 

"I'm ready. Let's go." She stopped, seeing his pale and shocked face. 

Karna stilled; what was she wearing? "Wh-where is your Odhani?" He managed to stutter out finally.

"Oh, I left it because it's too long." Karna wanted to lash out, but he realised she didn't know anything about these dresses. If it was someone else, their gaze would have never left her.

"I'll tell you how to drape it on." He removed his Angavastram, instructing seriously.

"First wrap it around your... torso, get the other side and tie them both. Then tuck it inside your dhoti." 

Karna was sweating in nervousness; his fingers shivered, not knowing what Ishani's thoughts were. "Thank you." She muttered, walking along. 

The practice ground was large, with all kinds of weapons. Krishna smiled, turning back. 

"We'll start now. Ishani, which weapon do you want to start with?"

"Mala Yudh (wrestling)" Karna was impressed; normally everyone would pick up weapons but wrestling would develop the body's flexibility and agility, so it would be easier to wield weapons later.

"Good Choice. First of all, don't attack your opponent below the stomach. And be agile, not ferocious. Don't attack your opponent without gauging their moves. If you are unable to fight, defend. In the beginning of a fight, begin with defending. This will give you energy to fight back later on. For all this, you need to start with Vyayama (exercise). Now, run from this end to the northern end. We'll see how much time you take."