chapter 14

Helen's pov continued

Charlie sounded annoyed " did he drop you home" he asked and I shook my head and said " why would he I mean I hardly know him" I said "did you have dinner I'm planning on ordering some " Charlie said ignoring Roger " I just had pizza " I said and offered him a slice which Charlie took and started eating I noticed a bruise on his neck and asked "what happened to your neck" Charlie stopped eating and looked at Roger and then at me " Someone decided to shower    me with love and the result is this " he said "it looks like someone punched you" I said "actually yes someone did" I said and he made me sit besides him after having a slice Charlie walked towards my bedroom and then I could hear him scream " where do I put my clothes now" " just use that laundry basket which is in outside the bathroom door "I said and then I noticed that Roger was fuming on anger "how often he does this " he asked me clenching his jaw " I have lost count of it " I replied " do you allow anyone to use your bedroom " he said " no not exactly but there are exceptions" I said Roger got up and punched the wall I was not only shocked but scared of him I just hope Charlie comes out soon and my prayers were answered Charlie walked out of my bedroom with just a towel wrapped around his waist " what the hell is happening here" he said I gestured towards Roger and he noticed the damaged wall " I'm staying tonight" Charlie spoke and within a moment Roger was walking towards Charlie and he rushed to my side just before he could pounce on Charlie I stopped Roger "what the hell is wrong with you and you Charlie why are you behaving like that go out on some clothes" I said "I'm staying with her tonight you can leave Charles" Roger said I couldn't understand why he wanted to stay Charlie knows me so I understand why he wants to stay but Roger who wants him here "no I'm staying you can leave "Charlie spoke before they could get into an argument I asked " Roger why do you want to stay" he looked at me and said " because it's my fault I should have dropped you home I'm responsible for your accident" "it's not your fault I wanted to reach home fast but then I landed in the hospital " I said by now Charlie had changed into his shorts and t shirt Roger was still pissed with him I wanted to ask Charlie but I couldn't because the devil was right there "you have his clothes here" he asked and I just nodded "so I will leave then I don't want to interrupt your night with him " Roger spoke and left slamming the door behind him "he's jealous you see"Charlie said "jealous and he I think he's weird " I replied as I sat on the couch " so now tell me when I had told you that Roger will be dropping you home why didn't you go with him" Charlie asked me " I know you had to me but his assistant was sitting on his lap and eating his face so I thought I shouldn't disturb him and left " I replied " you should have waited then this wouldn't have happened and why didn't you call me I would drop you home you can't travel alone now " he said " I didn't have my phone so I couldn't call you but why can't I travel alone "I asked " babe sit I want to talk to you about something now listen carefully do you know that this car accident was meant for me and not for you" he said and I shook my head "someone had tampered with the car and that's is the reason why you lost control and nowadays I'm getting death threats even dad so you need to be safe we were so worried babe because you didn't open your eyes for three days we thought we lost you dad wanted to see you but I told him that you had just got few scratches and now you were fine " he said I nodded" so from tomorrow just to keep you safe you will be working and staying with Roger" Charles said.