Chapter 15

I tossed and turned in my bed for the past 10 minutes, still not being able to sleep. It was one in the morning and I knew that I wouldn't be able to get any sleep anytime soon.

Getting out of my bed, I quietly left my bedroom and walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to get a glass of water. The cool water gushed down my dry throat now making me realise how thirsty I was.

"Can't sleep?" A voice startled me and I turned around with wide eyes to see Vincenzo's tall figure leaning against the door frame

"Yeah" I said releasing a breath seeing that it was only him

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" He chuckled softly

wait...did he just say sorry? I have to admit he's been acting a bit weird recently since I 'moved' into his house

"come with me" He continued after a bit as he walked away from the kitchen

I followed him and he opened another door which led to the backyard that I hadn't explored yet.

"Woah" I said, completely mesmerized by the view in front of me. It was absolutely beautiful with flowers blossoming and a giant pool in the middle of the backyard that was lit up right now.

Without saying anything, he walked towards the pool, rolled his joggers and sat down, dipping his feet into the water and looked back to me

"I'm not getting in" I said nodding my head

he chuckled "The waters warm" and I bit my lip contemplating if I should get in or not.

Finally giving in, I walked to the pool and sat down beside him, copying his previous actions of putting my feet in the water and shockingly the water was really warm and soothing.

Neither of us talked for a while and sat in silence, a comfortable one.

"She's dead" He spoke up first

I furrowed my eyebrows "who?"

"Nora's mother, Elena" He said looking straight ahead "She was a wonderful women who didn't deserve death. She was killed right after she gave birth" He chuckled with pain evident in his voice before continuing "She was so excited when she found out she was pregnant with a baby girl, my god she didn't let the whole neighborhood sleep that night"

I let out a small quiet laugh "How did you react?"

"I was shocked at first but then instantly happy at the thought of becoming a dad even though everything in our lives were hectic at that time"

"What do you mean?" I asked confusedly

"Even tho Elena loved the thought of having a child, she was rushed and forced into having one. Her parents weren't like Elena in fact they were selfish and obsessed with money and wanted Elena to give birth so even more shares of my company would be given to them" He scoffed angrily "before we got married, Elena had a boyfriend and she loved him but her parents made her leave him so they could set up an arranged marriage with me and she was helpless and so was I"

"arranged marriage? so you had an arranged marriage" I asked in a shocked tone because never had I expected Vincenzo, who had so much power, to give in on an arranged marriage

"I know what you're thinking but I had to do it for my parents. My parents had made an agreement with Elena's family that in the future both of their kids were to get married and at first I was furious with my father but both of the families lives were in danger because of something that had been going on between business families since my company was started and my parents wanted to see me get married before they died"