Chapter 7

Yesterday was a blast.

The Duke left after escorting me to lounge. I didn't get to rest properly since my mind was filled with confused thoughts.

So I just left the room and looked for my parents and luckily, they were looking for me in order to let me know that we were going home.

The main characters appeared when they're not supposed to and acted  nothing like their original role.

And now, in front of me was a tray filled with invitation for a tea from different households.

"There are so many letters young miss! This one is from Lady Medea, daughter of a Count. Oh! And another one from Lady Christine, daughter of a
Viscount." Kelly rummaged.

"Can I not attend to any of them? I'm so tired of entertaining such trivial things.."

"Oh my, Lady Patricia from the Duke Cornwall has also invited you young miss!" She added.

'Lady Patricia? Wait, I know that I encountered her name somewhere...

Oh my goodness... she was one of the antagonists of the novel!'

In the novel, there wasn't only one antagonist. There were many of them who wanted to ruin the heroine because they were envious of her.

Mostly, the antagoinsts possess great power in order to make the heroine unhappy and face many obstacles.

And that's where the heroes appear and make use of their role.

'Hahhh.... why the hell is this happening to me..'

"Kelly. Give me a piece of paper and a pen. I'll write a reply to Lady Patricia." I said.

"Ah, right away young miss!"

While Kelly was away, I was thinking of what I should do when I face the villainess.

Lady Patricia...it was her dream to become the future crown princess and obtain the love of the crown prince someday.

Until the heroine appeared.

'Did she invite me to pour tea on me? Or to do something that would make me stray away from the crown prince?'

No matter what she does, that was my plan from the very beginning.

I should just face her open insults and  accept my fate. There is no other way to avoid it either way.

"Here you go young miss. Oh, and I also brought some refreshments."

"Ah, thank you Kelly. " I said

I wrote that it would be my pleasure to have a tea with her in a week after and designed the letter with flower ornaments and such.

"Deliver this letter to Lady Patricia."

"Okay young miss." She bowed and left.

After she left, I was tired so I ate the snacks. My only relief is the dessert.

Ever since I came here, I realized that the only time I left this mansion is when we went to the imperial palace.

I'm quite curious to see what kind of place it is outside. The Moriana in my memories rarely went out.

She always stayed at the library and studied everything a woman of nobility should know. And so, I decided to go out.

I chose a light-looking dress and wore it. I went out of my room and walked towards my mom's room.

I knocked on the door and opened it.

"Mom."

"Anna, what brings you here?" She asked.

"Mom, can I go out?"

When I asked her, she was a bit shocked for a moment and smiled after.

"Of course, Anna. You have the freedom to do whatever you want. So if you have decided on what you want to do, you can do it if it's your will." She replied.

"Thank you mom. I'll go outside for a while then." I spoke.

"Sure. Don't forget to bring a knight with you. And bring Kelly too."

"Alright. See you later." I hugged her and went out.

While walking outside the mansion, I felt a bit of excitement within.

"Young miss!" Kelly shouted.

"Have you finished delivering the letter?" I asked.

"Of course young miss." She smiled.

"Greetings to the Lady." A person said.

"Hello. You must be the knight." I greeted.

"Yes. You can call me Rey my lady." He replied.

"I see. Shall we get going?"

I entered the carriage and sat inside. It was the same uncomfortable ride but I endured it.

Finally, after waiting for more than half an hour, we arrived at the town.

I got off from the carriage and looked around the place.

There were many people walking, talking and minding their own businesses. Commoners and nobles were scattered everywhere and there were many shops and stalls built.

I saw a bookstore and got lured in.

It's been a long time since I read a novel. I entered the store and roamed around the place.

The feeling was nostalgic. In my last life, I always went to a bookstore and bought novels with romance in genre.

There were so many interesting novels that I bought a whole set of them.

I walked out from the bookstore happily while hugging my books. When suddenly, I saw people beating up a person in a corner.

People who passed by looked like they acted as if something wasn't happening and ignored it.

I walked closely in order to see what's happening and called Rey to come with me.

A man was ganged up and I felt something more than pity.

"Rey. Teach those thugs a lesson." I ordered.

"Yes, my lady." He replied.

He then ran up to where the people are and started beating them one by one. He wasn't bad. His movements were quick and precise. He's a good knight.

They groaned from pain and started running.

"Are you alright?" I offered my hand.

He looked very pitiful. He had many bruises from his body and face. He's totally unrecognizable right now.

My heart swelled up in conscience after seeing his state.

"This cannot be done. Come with us, you need full treatment right now." I took his hand and started walking.

"Let's go home Kelly."

"Yes, young miss." She replied.

We rode back home and started treating the beaten man. He was in our own clinic inside the mansion so I haven't seen him ever since that day.

..

It's been a week since we saved him from those thugs.

'I wonder how he's doing?'

*knock *knock

"Come in." I said.

The door opened and a man came inside.

I turned to look at him and recognized his face.

'It can't be....'

"I will be forever grateful for the Lady for saving my life." He knelt in front of me.

"In return for saving me, I will dedicate my entire life in serving my lady." He added.

He then took my hand and put it in his forehead.

He looked at me and gave me an extraordinarily handsome smile.

'Why!?......hahhhhh.'

The third fish is here.