Ch 9

(Y/n)'s Pov

'Knock' 'Knock' 'Knock'

I had been awoken by the sound of knocking but I was still exhausted and wanted to continue my nap in peace. "Dinner has been prepare Captain!" There was some movement beside me before Hawkins' arm moved to rest on top of me. "I'll be there shortly" As the sound of footsteps echoed throughout the ship, I knew the crew member had left though why was Hawkins still in bed. "Hawkins, aren't you going to eat?"

"Eventually though you still appear to be tired, my dear. Do you wish to sleep longer?" When I nodded my head, I allowed my eyes to close but my body was moved slightly as a warm pair of arms wrapped around me. "W-What are you doing Hawkins?" His actions confused me since the only other time Hawkins did this was when he was still asleep. "I will remain here until you are ready to join me for dinner"

My eyes narrowed slightly at his bare chest but that facial expression didn't last long as I allowed my eyes to completely close. "Whatever just don't wake me up. I want to enjoy my nap in peace" Since his arms were holding me firmly, I was forced to use the man's arm as my pillow but it was extremely uncomfortable so I opted to use Hawkins' chest instead when he rolled onto his back. "Why are you cuddling with me, Hawkins?"

"Does this not make you happy (Y/n)? I can stop" Why would he care if I was happy or not? "You're warm but Hawkins I'm a little confused. Why are you trying to make me happy?" I was still resting my head on his chest waiting for his reply though when his hand started to run through my hair I froze up. "While I was sleeping just now, I had a dream about you (Y/n) and it gave me a clear picture of the future we'll have together"

The shock of hearing this from the man caused me to immediately turn to face him and demand an explanation. "W-What kind of dream was I wearing clothes in this dream of yours!?" I didn't know what I expected the strange man to say but when he only stared at me, I sat up taking the warm blankets with me. "Are you planning on answering my question Hawkins?... You know what? You can stay here I'm going to eat dinner without you, don't follow me!"

~~~~~~~~

Hawkins' Pov

"How troublesome... I shall wait for her to return. There's no point in upsetting her further" Taking out my tarot cards I started sticking them to my straw as I went over my options. I wanted to have dinner with (Y/n) but right now the girl's emotions were uncertain. She looked upset when she left our bedroom though I didn't understand the many different emotions females could show within the day.

"The odds are favorable. I shall have dinner with (Y/n) tonight after all" Placing my cloak over my shoulders I exited the cabin before walking towards the dining hall. If my dream was indeed a foretelling of the future then (Y/n) needed to be protected at all costs. "Hawkins get lost you creep! I told you not to follow me!" The girl didn't appear to be happy to see me though the other crew members sent glares in her direction. "I didn't follow you (Y/n) I'm here to eat dinner. Though to answer your question you were wearing clothes in my dream"

"D-Don't announce that to the entire crew Hawkins!! They didn't need to know that information!" Joining (Y/n) at our table I tried to touch her hand but she kept pulling it away when I got too close. "Don't touch me Hawkins I'm still mad at you and put a shirt on!"

(Y/n)'s Pov

Staring over at Hawkins I could see he wasn't leaving any time soon so I went back to my meal as I hoped to ignore him until I was finished. "Here's your dinner Captain. When (Y/n) said you were sick we thought the worst but it's clear the girl had lied about your whereabouts" Why did they have to tell him that, they could have just kept quiet about that small detail. "What island are we going to next?"

Since I didn't want to give Hawkins the opportunity to speak, I quickly changed the subject. "Oh, we'll reach the next island within three days. It's called Florence and our ship should be ready to pick up once we arrive" That was great news and if what Hawkins said was the truth then I could finally get away from him. "I still get my own room, right Hawkins?"

"No" The man only said a single word before he went back to eat his dinner but I wasn't going to leave him alone. "W-What do you mean by that!? You said I could have my own room once we got a bigger ship!" I couldn't believe Hawkins would lie to me though he was a Pirate so maybe I was foolish to trust him. "I am the Captain of this ship (Y/n) and I have the final say on what you do while onboard"

"I've lost my appetite" Pushing my plate away I went to stand up but Hawkins' stare stopped me from walking away from the table. "Why are you looking at me like that?" At first, the man remained still though after a few minutes he stood up. Hawkins didn't say a word as he started walking but when his fingers gripped my chin I froze. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you while I'm not present (Y/n)... Now finish your dinner then you may return to our cabin"

I had thought Hawkins would have pulled away after he said that but instead, the man's lips pressed against mine. 'Hmmm' Sure, I had kissed Hawkins before he left with Law though this kiss was different. It was much longer and his tongue was running along my bottom lip trying to get me to open up. Even though the kiss felt nice I wasn't going to let this man get what he wanted from me, at least not right now anyway. When he started to pull away, I was left in shock well Hawkins had this sinister grin on his face. I didn't even think the man could smile so this was an interesting sight to see.

"Y-You're not frowning... Wait a second I didn't give you permission to kiss me!" Looking around I could see everyone in the dining room was staring right at me and some even had cameras. "Hey! You better not have taken any pictures of this!" During my little rant towards the rest of the crew, Hawkins used the opportunity to return to his seat and place me into his lap. "If you will not eat on your own then I can assist you (Y/n)" When a fork was held to my lips, I looked back to Hawkins but his grin was already replaced with a frown.

"I am not a child, put me down!" After a few minutes of struggling to break free, I realized finishing my dinner was the only way to get out of this situation. Though I wasn't not going to allow this jerk to feed me. "Can I have my fork back? I'd like to eat without your help" With the utensil in my hand I started eating what remained of my dinner though I couldn't stop thinking about why Hawkins had kissed me. He just didn't seem like the type to do something so bold and sexual.

"H-Hawkins why did you kiss me?" I wanted to know what was going on in Hawkins' mind but this man was impossible to read. "I had a dream about you and wanted to see something for myself. Did you not like the affection I gave you (Y/n)?" Hawkins needed to learn to express himself more. Whatever he spoke it was like I had to decipher what he really meant. "What exactly happened in this dream of yours?"

"I'm afraid I cannot tell you that information. The future is an ever-changing thing (Y/n) you'll understand that in time. Finish your dinner my dear then you may have some dessert"

~~~~~~~~

End Chapter 9