Chapter 3: Premise

1334 words, 6 minutes

Genos felt the ground shaking. What was that?  he thought. An earthquake?

The girl pouted her lips. "Hey! Are you paying attention to me or what?!" she shouted at him. Genos couldn't care less about this annoying girl's voice as he turned around and saw some black gunk shoot up into the sky. This led to a realization that forced his eyes wide open. 

"Sensei...!" he gasped.

Without another word, he charged in that direction, blasting himself through.

~

Saitama was really hungry. He wanted to eat more of Genos' cooking, but he didn't know where Genos was nor why he was separated from him. He clearly forgot that while he was distracted by the pink lights, he made the mistake of letting go of Genos.

His hands were still full with the black monsters until he noticed Genos panting as if he'd run 3 marathons in a row. "Sensei!" he called out, running up to him. He'd lost the girl because he was running too damn fast once he noticed Saitama was not too far away.

"Oh, Genos! There you are!" yelled Saitama, punching another black monster into oblivion. Genos was overjoyed. "I'm so glad you're safe!" he shouted. Saitama punched another black monster that jumped behind him but never landed.

"Me, too!" But before Saitama could add more to his answer, he saw a swarm of black monsters charging at them from afar. He looked over at Genos, inwardly thinking that it was a waste of time for him to keep punching them. While he could  wipe them out with a single blow, he could tell Genos was itching for some action...

"Uh, can you blast these guys away or something? They're kind of annoying me."

Genos nodded dutifully and quickly got into a battle position with his legs parted in a fighting stance. "Stay out of the way, Sensei!" he demanded while crying out, "INCINERATE" and doing just that—incinerating the monsters.

Their victory was short-lived, however, because the girl caught up to Genos. He was appalled and wanted to get away from her as soon as possible. "HONEY~!" she cries, arms outstretched. "It's not nice to run away from someone who loves you, y'know?!" she shouted, breathless.

Genos filled Saitama in quickly about how insane this girl was and how she hugged him while murmuring things that made him uncomfortable mentioning once more. Saitama cringed. "I feel bad for you," he muttered quietly. Genos simply nodded and faced the girl. "How did you find me?" he asked authoritatively.

"It was so easy to track you because you burnt a trail for me to follow!" she answered, smiling a little too widely. "That's not good, you know?! You'll harm the wildlife here if you keep that up!" Despite that warning, she reverted back to her lovesick self. "But no matter. I'm sure you had a reason for that anyway..."

She glanced at Saitama and wrinkled her face in disgust. "Who's this hobo?" she questioned condescendingly.

"Hi," answered Saitama with a wave. She appeared to be offended that this "hobo" dared to greet her.