The Stranger

Naomi's POV

I sat down at the white cheaply wooden counter and looked down at the papers before me. I really hate bills. I shook my head in exasperation and calculated all of my expenses. 

The store was dimly lit since it was closed. The store is at a well known shopping center of the area. The chain was called Valor. It was the newest "hipster" store for teens and young adults to shop for clothes. It was a fairly popular and thriving business and I was proud of it. I wouldn't let that get to my head though like it did to the rest of my family. 

My family is really rich, but I saw what fame and money did to them. I wouldn't do that to myself. I'm in a sense a baby genius since I am only 21 and own this company. I thought back to the family that had taken me in and the man that had given me this company. I missed him.

 I could hear the wind and rain beating against the doors as if the paparazzi had finally found me. I really hate those stupid vultures. 

I saw flashes of light and was surprised that there could possibly be lightning. I listened carefully, but no thunder came. 

I shrugged it off and continued with my work. A few seconds later the sounds of the storm became deafening and a gust of wind came in. Luckily not one of my papers few, but I looked to the doors to see them close abruptly once more. A figure stood in the doorway completely drenched and seemingly out of breath. 

I was about to kindly tell them that the store was closed when they finally turned around. My eyes widened, but I said nothing. The younger girl looked around not noticing me yet. What the hell is she doing here? I got off my stool that I had been sitting at and slowly made my way over to her. She looked around with a frown on her face, but also some curiosity. 

"I'm not sure if you noticed, but the store is closed" I said gently. She jumped when I first started talking and spun around to look at me. I chuckled before I apologized.

"Sorry I barged into here. I was trying to get away from the paparazzi" she breathed. So that's what the flashing lights were. I nodded my head in understanding. I then walked back to my counter and looked down at the papers. "You dont seem fazed by my being here" she murmured. I hadn't realized she had followed me. Again I shrugged.

"You may be a celebrity, but I'm sure you're tired of being asked for autographs and photos" I gestured to the doors that she had came through. She grimaced and nodded. "I know who you are, but I wont ask anything of you. Simply a good job and thank you for what you do. If you would like to wait out the storm or the paparazzi, you're welcome to stay. I'm afraid you might get a little bored though" I said not looking up.

"Oh, well, thank you. I appreciate you treating me like a normal person" she laughed. I looked up then and smiled back.

"Of course Ms. Cabello. Anytime"