Y/n threatens Arson.

𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗯𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝘀

𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗯𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗱𝘀.

You know how people say ignorance is bliss? Well, not in this case. Imagine striving your whole life for glory, only to be snubbed by the very gods who lounged on golden thrones made by the mortals they wronged. That stings more than an Achilles' heel.

So, being ignored by the gods was like getting coal in your Christmas stocking. But for some, it was a relief bigger than a Cyclops' sneeze. When you belonged to a family the gods hated, or had their name attached to yours, being cast out was like a badge of honor. Especially Zeus, who couldn't bear the thought of anyone-especially a bunch of half-bloods-being stronger than his perfect Olympians.

The Orthys Isles lay close to New Olympus Isle, separated by a sliver of sea you could cross in a paddle boat or a hearty swim if you were feeling particularly heroic. Orthys Isles, lacking divine protection thanks to a trickster ancestor, was shrouded under a dazzling translucent dome. It looked like a dark blue patch of water to mortals, who, as usual, thought it was just really deep. Mortals, right?

The Talos 2.0 model, a collaboration between young Telekhines and Cyclopses (who had also built a lot of other nifty gadgets), functioned as the original Talos was meant to-only it had more personality and loyalty to a few chosen leaders. Everyone knew both leaders of New Olympus and Orthys Isles had a soft spot for Talos 2.0, but that's a story for another day.

If you've ever noticed blue spots in the ocean and thought, *"Hey, maybe that's another isle for Titan spawn!"*-you're not far off. Much like Olympus floats around to stay trendy, New Olympus and Orthys Isles switch places every month. Keeps everyone on their toes and provides a fresh view for islanders.

Titans and gods shared a lot, including pettiness. For all their power and wealth, they were terrible parents. That would be their downfall.

***

Perched at the second-highest point was a building made of dark marble, its veins gleaming golden, almost rivaling the highest peak of the isle.

On the top floor, sprawled upside down on a long meeting table, was a man gazing at the smaller buildings outside. His shirt, discarded because it was apparently allergic to his skin, lay draped over one of the mini thrones lining the table. His legs were held up with impressive strength, his dark veins pulsing with power as he took in the view.

His isle.

As the door opened, he relaxed, flipping off the table with the grace of a gymnast, and turned to see who had entered. His brown wavy hair, regularly groomed, framed his handsome face, barely brushing his neck.

"Lord Khrysophos," greeted the newcomer with a deep bow.

Khrysophos smirked, raising an amused eyebrow. "Basil," he said, sliding on his black gloves. "You're glowing. How many times have I asked you not to have a quickie before seeing me?"