slower than usual

the clock seemed to be ticking slower than usual.1:03 am, the lunch break had just ended and pulling three all-nighters and being paranoid all day long was exhausting, the headache didn't make things any better. He felt as his brain was being quarried from the inside, slowly moving  towards the back of his head. the fan sounded like the footsteps of tiny warriors stomping through in in a ironically slow pace.

Even though he could focus on nothing but the pain, he still felt eyes on his back. But he knew that no one was there, he was in the police headquarters watching over the new recruits that just finished basic training and they wouldn't dare to look at him without a reason. He was just being awfully paranoid about the whole fiasco a week ago.

 He could see the entire group of young individuals frantically working through various files barely managing to successfully keep up with the unexpected pressure. the military reformation ended up with the police force being drastically reduced to a small but immensely capable group of people with a single division dealing with a large area. This also meant a higher pay which raised the job standards that was quite already high.

Despite feeling as if someone boring a hole into his head, he fell asleep quickly.