THREE|SUMMERTIME SADNESS

CHAPTER THREE "i got my red dress on tonight"

CHAPTER THREE
"i got my red dress on tonight"

diana
text & narrative

NOVEMBER 12th 2022
IOWA

"diana you should come to this party with me, the whole team is going to be there and i won't leave your side the whole night." kate tells her best friend, trying to get her to go to a house party with her and the rest of the team.

diana wasn't a party girl. she hated parties, she hated how many people were in such a small space together, she hated when people got drunk; it reminded her of her childhood which she try's hard to forget about.

there was only a couple of times that diana's friends were able to have her go out with them, diana didn't really mind it but she definitely didn't love it either but she did it for her friends even though her friends would understand if she chose not to go. they just didn't want her to feel left out.

"alright i will go just for you but you have to promise me that you won't leave my side, you won't get drunk, and we can leave when i'm ready to leave." diana tells her best friend.

diana and kate have a close relationship with each other. they are the best of friends, they are always with each other, they are always there for each other; they know each better then they know themselves.

kate would have moved in with diana and caitlin when they got a apartment together but kate and diana are so similar that them together every second of every day would end badly. plus diana liked just living with caitlin; caitlin was also one of diana's best friends and she was a good roommate.

"ok deal and you know i don't get drunk especially around you." kate tells the brunette.
kate is one of the only people that know about diana's childhood and the addiction to drugs and alcohol her parents had. diana is one of the only people in her family to go to college and make a name for themselves. it took everything in her to do so but she did it.

"i know you don't, i just wanted to give you a hard time kate." diana tells her best friend as she gets up to start getting ready for this party.

diana was actually starting to get excited for the party when she finished getting ready. she had got this red dress and she has been dying to wear it for the longest time and now was a perfect time.

paige🙃

paige🙃
wyd?

diana
you sound like a 13 year old boy when you text wyd but im getting ready for a party that kate is dragging me to.
diana
hbu